Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WEG 2014

The 2014 World Equestrian Games are full in action at the moment and wow what an incredible Games they have been so far. The dressage phase has already come to a close but its magic still hangs in the air.

The week before the games began I had the chance to travel down to Aachen, Germany, where the Canadian team held their training camp before departing to Normandy, France. It was very inspiring for me to hang out with the team and watch them to their last bit of fine tuning before the games began. One of the four team members, and also my dear friend, Karen Pavicic, invited me to bunk up together with herself and her daughter in their hotel room, which was so sweet of them. Thank you once again Karen :-)   

Also while I was hanging out with the Canadian team. I had one of those special goose bump moments while talking to Belinda Trussell. Belinda and her beloved horse, Anton, have defeated so many odds to make it on the team. Despite the odds, Belinda never stop believing in her Anton, and it was this belief that brought them, not only to the games, but they also went on to achieve a personal best score at a major games. Congratulations Belinda! You are a true inspiration, and you ignited another flame in my internal fire, and reminded me to never give up and to always believe in ones dreams. Thank you. 

I would also like to extend a HUGE congratulations to the whole Canadian Team and each of the riders individually; Karen Pavicic, Belinda Trussell, David Marcus, and Megan Lane. What a great games it was for Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment