Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Quick little 3 Month Recap ...

Wooooosh !!!! That's how it feels like the last 3 months have flown by...  January was a pretty exciting month because my Grand Prix mare, Fabella, and I got to compete in the Verdinale in Verden. I was very proud of Fabella for qualifying for the freestyle and Fabella successfully did our first Grand Prix freestyle together and placed 7th overall.

Then we continued on into February at full speed. In Germany they hold extra indoor competitions, called "late entries" during the spring and autumn months to give competitors the chance to prepare for the upcoming show season. So my boyfriend Lars and I took this opportunity to take Lars's four year old mare, "Frida Gold" to her first competition ever. And our little princess was a big super star and scored a 8.0 and placed second.

Frida Gold, Lars and I

March continued on in the same fashion, as we took advantage of the late entry competitions offered in our area, although there were many green moments, and we most certainly didn't always come home with a ribbon. For example with my Stallion, Balesteros. Him and I went down the centre line together for the first time, and he was a little over excited to show off all his talent ;-) So due to a little extra tension we didn't score very high at the first couple attempts, but my experience has taught me to not lose hope simply because the road gets a little rocky.

And I am more than happy to report that all our hard work paid off as at the end of March, Balesteros was able to show off just a glimpse of the vast potential this very special horse has, and we won our "M" level class. There are so many things that made this gold ribbon so special, including the fact that this very day was my 30th birthday! And what a wonderful day it was :-)

Balesteros

In more exciting news, my powerhouse mare Santa Maria, has been really blossoming and last weekend she was confident enough to challenge the next level, and she did her first "S" dressage test. And there is a pretty funny story behind our first "S" start. As we were warming up everything was going great and Santa Maria and I entered the ring feeling confident and I decided to check out all gears before the judge rang the bell and we launched across the diagonal in a trot extension,. Then in the middle the diagonal her front shoe flew off! The worst timing ever :-/ Especially because my boyfriend is a Farrier and at any other time we would have immediately been able to fix this dilemma, but as luck would have it all I could do was look at Lars and whisper the worlds "Scheisse!" Lars quickly ran into the arena to grab the shoe and I was able to quickly ask him if I should carry on, and of course (in true German fashion) Lars said "Ja Los!" So, on we went, and despite being a little compromised, Santa Maria truly tried her best and although she couldn't move to her full potential she pulled off a 65% and we placed 5th :-) 

Santa Maria

And now its already April and Easter at that, which brings us up to date. Thank you for keeping up with me and a very Happy Easter to everyone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment