Monday, January 19, 2015

2015 Here We Come!

Well here we are at the beginning of another year! My Christmas was truly wonderful because my family from Canada came to Germany for the holidays. Below are some pictures of us all spending some quality time at the barn. 

My mom and me :-) 

Loisl teaching Ross how to knit! 

Jade and Lecoya

Now that 2015 has started I had my first competition of this year last weekend and exciting things are happening! Santa Maria is really starting to shine at the M level and danced through her best test yet and placed 3rd in her class. I am so proud of how far she she come :-) I also showed my Grand Prix mare Fabella who is in great shape at the moment. We competed in the Int.2 and I really wish we could have had our warmup judged instead of the test because she really went perfect! In the actual test we had some mistakes, which I take full credit for... and therefore scored 65%. But as they say in Germany “erfolg es kein zufall” which means, success is no coincidence so of course I’m not magically going to be able to wave a magic wand and then *poof* have the perfect test (although I sometimes REALLY wish I has a magic wand ;-) training a horse to successfully complete a Grand Prix test is a process and I am so proud of Fabella with how far she has come and I am truly enjoy the process of training her. 

 I also took my two youngest horses along for schooling, my newest edition to the team “Charlotte” who is 5 this year and  “Frida Gold”, who belongs to my boyfriend and is 4 this year. Below are some pictures of these two precious gems. 

Frida Gold

Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment