Saturday, January 19, 2013

Jumping into 2013 with both feet!

Happy 2013 Everyone :-)  There is always something refreshing about starting a new year, its like you get this clean slate for all your goals, hopes and dreams on and I am ready paint brush in hand! 

At the end of December I had the chance to spend 10 days in Canada, where I celebrated news years followed by my mother's 50th birthday. It was really nice for me to get back home and enjoy some time with my family and friends. 

In the picture above: is my mom in the middle, and starting from the left is me, then my two brothers, Loisl and Max. And the pictures below are of me sharing some laughs with my two younger siblings ;-)



 Over all the trip back home was very refreshing and now I'm recharged and ready for the adventures this next year will bring

Since Jan. 6th I've been back in Germany training away. This weekend was my first competition of the year. My mare 'Santa Maria' and I rode down the centreline and placed third in our class. It was good to get Santa Maria out again because she was fully charged! And I was reminded of a important aspect to showing and that is management.  Santa Maria came out so hot and explosive that I really had to spend quit a bit of time warming her up, but, then by the time we danced into our test the tank started running empty. So the moral of the story is.. preparation, management and experience are key! 


I hope everyone's 2013 is off to a good start :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment