Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!


Its that time of the year again :-) And I would like to wish everyone who has kept up with me and my journey a very Merry Christmas!   

2012 was a unforgettable year. Full of MANY highlights as well as challenges and at the root of it lies my passion and love for my horses and the sport of dressage.

I came across two poems that I would like to share because I believe they offer a beautiful insight to the unique relationship between a rider and their horse.


"Riding is a partnership. The horse lends you his strength, speed and grace, which are greater than yours. For your part you give him your guidance, intelligence and understanding, which are greater than his. Together you can achieve a richness that alone neither can."



"The Horse"
Where in this wide world
Can man find nobility without pride,
Friendship without envy,Or beauty without vanity?Here, where grace is served with muscleAnd strength by gentleness confinedHe serves without servility;He has fought without enmity.There is nothing so powerful,Nothing less violent.There is nothing so quick,Nothing more patient.~Ronald Duncan,  1954


I hope these poems warm your heart as they do mine. Seasons greetings and happy new year!!! 



Coming up next will be the adventures of 2013 :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, there
    I am Sercan. We ve met at the Hannover Airport this morning. I just wanted to say "Hi".
    See you.

    ReplyDelete