Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Big Steps

This past weekend my mare Fabella took the big step into the Grand Prix and the Grand Prix Special tests. I am so incredibly proud of Fabella because the transition from the small tour to the big tour is not an easy one. Especially because the Grand Prix happens fast!!! There is not much time between movements and to ride everything one movement after the next is a tough! To help Fabella with the transition to Grand Prix, I competed in a couple Int. 2 and the short Grand Prix classes this summer. But until this weekend we didn't feel confident enough to challenge the whole Grand Prix just yet. One of my favourite quotes is "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" and Fabella is a tough little pearl, with a heart of gold!  She tries her heart out every day and all our hard work is really starting to pay off, especially because Fabella is the first horse that I personally have introduced to the Grand Prix. My past teammate, Orion, already had a very successful track record at the Grand Prix level before him and I became a team. This makes a big difference because my Orion really took care of me and showed me the ropes at the top level.  But now with Fabella, its my turn to be the one that leads the dance. Which is why this weekend was so very special because Fabella and I both successfully challenged a lot of "firsts" :-)  We even placed 6th in the Grand Prix Special and that was without having ever practiced it... ever!


In more exciting news, I also competed my mare Santa Maria and she also stepped up to the next league, and successfully did her first "M-A" test (comparable to Third Level in North America). As I wrote in my last post Santa Maria was always in the ribbons in the young horse classes and although she struggled with the higher degree of collection at the beginning, now she is really getting to hang of it! 


Another great quote I would like to share is "dreams don't work, unless you do" and with that I would like to give three cheers to making dreams work! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment